Monday, December 3, 2007

Another Marathon or another book?

My Spanish editor, Denise, recently asked me which felt better: the thrill of getting We Are Girls Who Love to Run to the printer or crossing the finish line when I completed The Sun Trust Richmond Marathon in 2003?
 
Those who know me, know that I am rarely speechless, but Denise's question did leave me surrounded by nothing but the gentle whir of my computer.  Really!  It took me a few minutes to consider the feelings associated with each accomplishment before my fingers could begin tapping out my response.  Here's what I shared with her:
 
"I did do a marathon, and as rewarding as that was, publishing We Are Girls Who Love to Run is even more rewarding as I get to share it with the world. Time wise, this was even more intensive, but like with training, I had people by my side. :)"
 
At this point in my life, I don't think I'll tackle another marathon, but I'm pretty certain that I'll bring another title (or two . . . or three) to life!
 
Originally posted: 11/28/2007 2:38:39 PM

No comments: