Hello Loyal Readers!
As you may have started to realize with the chaos of the last posting (including the inexcusable spelling error Nitmos caught - I wrote "son" when I should have typed "sun" - duh, I've been keen with homonyms for YEARS and even taught the darn things to third graders!) and my plea with myself to find some life balance . . . I'm a bit bogged down with stress right now. That's really more of an understatement, as my husband will tell you that my stress levels when I was teaching, finishing my thesis, taking comps AND 8 months pregnant with our first child were LOWER than my current levels.
Why am I feeling so much pressure? I'm a perfectionist who needs some R & R. And with the gas prices where they are, I'm not likely to make it to any beaches or exotic retreats anytime soon, BUT, I am instituting a self-imposed vacation from blogging. I'm going to TRY to stay away for at least a week. Minimum. I think.
I can't promise that I won't be reading your blogs and leaving some comments here and there, but I WILL be a less-frequent visitor and you won't have any of my ramblings to read until nearly July (I think). Just please don't forget about my humble little blog and promise to check back and say hi when I return!
Rest asured that while I'm "gone" I'll be:
- practicing yoga (like I did last night - hooray!)
- sleeping (hopefully!)
- running (maybe even doing some speedwork - *oooooooh!*)
- playing with kids
- planning a hike for my son's birthday party
- cooking, cleaning, folding laundry, keeping the dog from eating (or urinating on) any veggies that finally grow in our garden
- trying to keep the house from burning down
- finding my sanity
- doing a little book promo here and there (but trying desparately not to stress about it!)
- relaxing in the Father's Day hammock
- reading books (the library should have a summer program for adults, too, don't you think?)!
Wishing you well as your summer gets started! Happy running!
See you in a week . . . or so.