Monday, March 9, 2009

Starting with a Thankful Heart in a Snow Globe

It is snowing again here. I'm not talkin' a few little wimpy flakes, or even the on-again/off-again freezing rain we experienced yesterday. Today's snow is the REAL deal - it started about an hour ago and we already have 2-3 inches. Our street looks like someone coated it with whiteout. The birds all look confused and we have giant cotton balls on the branches.

If I actually took a photo today, it would look much like this picture of us in December. But, we're too cozy inside today (and Little Sister is a bit too grumpy with her molars coming in) to bundle up and head outside.




Despite the birds' confusion, Mother Nature is giving us a visual treat. The kids are getting a total kick out of describing the way the snow is falling, since it seems to change every five minutes. According to them, the snow has transitioned from:





floating





to





racing





to





drifting





to





blowing





to





float racing





back to





floating





And so, now that the snow is slowing (dusting, I'd call it), I can pry myself away from the window to think about what I'm thankful for this week:





1. Our "hot" date on Saturday night to Costco, Target and Qdoba while the kids enjoyed their first sleep-over at my parents' house in over a month.





2. Wednesday afternoon Mr. Music and I will complete the final requirement for the application process at the Multi Age school in our district (the student visit). The lottery will be drawn in early April and we'll finally know what the plan is for Kindergarten.





3. MizFit is rolling on creating a MizFit Mag!





4. I looked down at my legs yesterday before doing my Treadmill 5K and realized that my "Runner Legs" are back! Now that I'm back on track with running 4-5 days/week and doing my strength training, I'm seeing the results. Now I'm feeling more confident that a few 10Ks and a Half-marathon will be good fits for this year.





5. The quilt my mom and I are making for the school auction is nearly complete. I'll post a photo after I put the finishing touches on it tomorrow. It is INCREDIBLE! Neither of us has made anything like it before.





How about YOU? What are you thankful for this week? Did you reach a fitness goal? did you finish a fantastic book, did you try a new recipe that was a big hit? Come on, don't be shy - celebrate it with a quick note in my comments!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm thankful for answered prayer. I'll just leave it at that. :-)

teacherwoman said...

It's snowing here too. But, I am not enjoying it too much.

Denise said...

We had snow last week and weather in the 20's, then at the end of the week it was in the 70's. I'm ready for Spring and some warm weather running!

Michelle O'Neil said...

I'm thankful for kind commenters!

My eight year old daughter just started in a Girls on the Run program yesterday and it went well. I'm grateful for that too.

I think you may have inspired me to the treadmill today.

: )

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Something I'm thankful for: I finally did strength training three times this week (one of my new year's resolutions) for two weeks in a row!

I hope you get a chance to run a half marathon. I'm training for one now.

Glad your strength training and running is going well!