Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday - Lost in the Pages Introduction

I've been waiting for some blog time to land on a Wednesday! Books, books, books. I LOVE 'em! Makes sense, since I'm an author and all, right? Imagine an author who didn't like to read. Couldn't happen!

Today will be an introduction to the Wednesday theme so that I can finish gathering my stash for the first batch reviews. I'm planning to focus my reviews on these 3 topics:

1. fitness/health - mainly running/youth/women focused (what, you weren't expecting me to say scuba diving, were you?)

2. education (brain-based research, classroom resources, parent resources)

3. children's literature (favorites from my children's bookshelves and my teacher stash)

Since there are numerous reviews out there for best-sellers and well-known authors, I'm going to do my best to highlight some lesser known titles or those published by small presses. This won't ALWAYS be the case. In fact, to start, you may recognize a few of the books I review, but as I get rolling I hope to introduce you to some great new must-haves for your shelves that you've NOT heard of. That's my goal really.

In the process of doing this Lost in the Pages portion of my blog, I may reach out to YOU, my friendly reader, for suggestions - or even guest posts. Keep in mind that the books I review (or have a guest review) should fit into one of the three categories mentioned earlier in this little ditty.

Know an author who is looking for a review for their new title (it may even be YOU!)? Let me know!
Know of a book that is deserving of a bit of blog review love? Let me know!

Want to share a review as a guest post? You guessed it . . . let me know!

If I review a title you suggest to me or if I choose your guest post, I'll enter you in a drawing for a signed copy of MY book (if you are new on the scene, my book is We Are Girls Who Love to Run). I'll take suggestions for this first round from now until August 31st. Reader recommended titles will be reviewed in September & October. Guest posts will be shared in November.

What will my first review be, you ask? It is the book that inspired me to take that first leap toward writing my own book: Girls on Track by Molly Barker. Stay tuned!

And, by all means - send me your suggestions - you have nothing to lose, and an author-signed book to gain! Don't worry, I'll remind you again later if you forget.

4 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

Love to read and always love good suggestions so this makes me very happy!

J~Mom said...

I totally look forward to the reviews!! I have read Pam Reed's book (can't remember the title) and I really enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

I don't have any suggestions just yet, but am looking forward to reading the reviews.

Anonymous said...

I think that it is wonderful that you are going to start doing book reviews. As an author/illustrator, I know how difficult it can be to get reviews. I try to review kids running type books on my site also.

This is a good service you are offering for the authors and for your readers.