Thank you, Kind Readers, for your words of support and encouragement after my last post. Things actually got much worse before they got better (hence my extended absence) - and we're still on the mend here (though mostly better).
Here's a "fun" by the numbers look at our week:
1 - wicked ear infection
2 - cases of pneumonia
4 - cases of the stomach flu (I got it the worst, which is a mixed blessing)
7 - trips to the doctor in 11 days
2 - prescriptions for antibiotics
countless - trips to the bathroom
4 - home improvement shows on the DIY Network before the kids realized they weren't watching/sleeping through episodes of Curious George anymore
1 - night of my husband "sleeping" on the hallway floor so he could assist the rest of us through the horror that was Saturday night
2 - notes of appreciation for the star doctor and nurse that really came through for us
1 - cancelled vacation to Pennsylvania to visit family to reduce the spread/collection of old/new germs
The good news:
1. The ear infection is gone!
2. The pneumonia is gone!
3. The stomach flu is gone!
1. Getting Little Sister to take the last 3 days of her antibiotics (she gags, vomits, kicks and screams . . . often resulting in the need for doing doses more than once before they stay down - even after mixing the stuff in with other liquids).
2. Getting Mr. Music to pace himself with his new found energy so our days aren't as much of a roller coaster ride. Though putting my hands over my head and yelling, "Aaaaaggggggghhhhhh!" might not be such a bad coping strategy, at least for another day or two.
3. Helping my husband not feel so bummed about having to cancel the trip to see his family (see all 3 of his siblings at once and meet our new nephew, visit his grandma . . . you get the picture).
4. Returning to my workout schedule. I'm not eating much just yet, so I can't do too much too fast. Any ideas for how to get back into running/strength training after missing a week and having the flu???
I look forward to "visiting" with you all here and on your blogs as I get back in the groove this week. And thanks again for the bloggy love . . . this running mama really appreciated it!
I hope this week is a healthy one for you!