Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend Update

This was by far one of the nicest weekends we've had in a LONG time. I'll keep this short because I'm EXHUASTED from all the fun, but here's my Top 5 for the weekend:

5. Breakfast at Blazing Bagels in Redmond - even the kids dig sharing a bagel in the warehouse bagel shop with the steam on the windows!
4. Pulling weeds in the yard with my husband while the kids took naps - hey, you can't beat time with your best friend in the sunshine & fresh air!
3. Walking to my parents' house for dinner - our son pedaled his trike (hubby guided him) & I pushed our daughter in the jogger
2. Cleaning out/washing the car and planting newly acquired plants in the front yard as a family
1. Blue skies, sunshine and temperatures in the 70's for 2 days in a row (Friday & Saturday)

Grey skies ruled today, but the 2 days of beauty and light are a shimmer of promise of days to come as we get farther into spring and closer to summer. I'm also wondering if the positive energy from the Seeds of Compassion event in Seattle (including dialogs with His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama) had anything to do with the great weather and overall feeling of joy and gratitude that bubbled through the weekend. Hmmmmm . . .

6 comments:

Marcy said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Man, I REALLY need to clean out my car. You just reminded me LOL

Crabby McSlacker said...

Okay, this is helpful--I need an attitude adjustment about doing chores, and your perspective on pulling weeds made me rethink my griping about unpacking boxes with my best friend with great music playing in a new house we both love.

(My back still hurts though... not sure how to change perspectives on that!)

Suzy said...

Oh man, we're in the same 2 hour perimeter as you guys and so we got the similar weather. HOW SWEET was THAT!!!!!

Jess said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend, but pulling weeds was in your top 5? Man alive, we have different interests. Nothing would appeal to me less.

Maybe it's because I always had to weed my mother's multitude of gardens when I was growing up and I despised it.

Brianna said...

Pulling weeds has NEVER been on my Top 5 - because usually it has NO appeal to me, either! It's just that the sun blinded me from realizing what I was doing and it was the first chance I've had to spend some quality outdoor time with my husband in AGES. :) With two small fry, our time together is limited, so you take what you can get and enjoy it, even if weeding is involved.

Hopefully our next outdoor adventure will be a run together. You can bet that will be my #1 on that day's Top 5 list!

J~Mom said...

Oh man, it just sounds wonderful!! We took a walk as a family to see some baby goats and that was so nice! Love this time of year!