This was by far one of the nicest weekends we've had in a LONG time. I'll keep this short because I'm EXHUASTED from all the fun, but here's my Top 5 for the weekend:
5. Breakfast at Blazing Bagels in Redmond - even the kids dig sharing a bagel in the warehouse bagel shop with the steam on the windows!
4. Pulling weeds in the yard with my husband while the kids took naps - hey, you can't beat time with your best friend in the sunshine & fresh air!
3. Walking to my parents' house for dinner - our son pedaled his trike (hubby guided him) & I pushed our daughter in the jogger
2. Cleaning out/washing the car and planting newly acquired plants in the front yard as a family
1. Blue skies, sunshine and temperatures in the 70's for 2 days in a row (Friday & Saturday)
Grey skies ruled today, but the 2 days of beauty and light are a shimmer of promise of days to come as we get farther into spring and closer to summer. I'm also wondering if the positive energy from the Seeds of Compassion event in Seattle (including dialogs with His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama) had anything to do with the great weather and overall feeling of joy and gratitude that bubbled through the weekend. Hmmmmm . . .