(that title reminds me of "The Cat in the Hat Came Back" - which makes me smile)
I should have realized that it was silly to spend the day looking for my yellow hat - that in due time I'd naturally find my way back to it with some purposeful experiences instead of frantic searching. Once I took a breath and spent a few minutes putting everything into perspective last night, the black hat fell off my head. I don't think the yellow hat officially returned until this morning, but these are some of the things that helped reunite me with it:
- I emailed a book reviewer about my favorite aspects of my book, reminding me that the message in the book can help keep ME balanced, too!
- I took a shower!
- I took the kids to my parents house for an overnight (their excitement as we packed was enough to get me to crack a smile)
- I went to my Vinyasa yoga class where our town's cheery florist and I had a wonderful small class experience with our radiant instructor (who had also had a gloomy sort of day, so she knew just what asanas we could all do to clear our minds and bodies of the funk)
- It was date night, so my husband and I enjoyed take out from our favorite Mediterranean restaurant and just RELAXED and enjoyed the quiet of the house
- I got to wake up this morning when I wanted to wake up (no children tugging at me, "Come on, Mom, let's get up!")
- When I did wake up, I stayed in bed and stretched a bit before actually opening my eyes to greet the day
- The sun is SHINING!
- I got an email report from my mom that the four of them had a fantastic time together (grandparents & kids!)
- I'm taking the kids for a little hike with some friends later this morning
Whew! It's good to have my hat back. Thanks for all of your encouragement.
Happy weekend, everyone! If you were in the same funk I was yesterday, I wish you well on your own path to recover your hat!