Tuesday, February 19, 2008

8 Years . . . Woah!

Today my husband and I are celebrating our 8th Anniversary . . . and it leaves me with the contradictory questions: Where did the time go? AND . . . We've only been married for 8 years???  Funny how that works - it is the trick time likes to play on us all. And, yes, if I could go back in time, I WOULD marry this man all over again.  He's a definite keeper.
 
To celebrate the day, we're going for a run together this afternoon after we drop off the kids for an overnight at my parents' house. Our daughter flaps her arms and legs whenever we pull in their driveway and our son asked recently when he could spend 10 nights in a row there . . . so I don't think we'll be missed by the kids in the least bit.  All four of us are spoiled by this arrangement!!!
 
It has been ages since our last run together, so we will certainly enjoy it. And, the sunny day we're having here (the 4th in a row - shhhh . . . don't tell anyone, I don't want to ruin the trend!) reminds me very much of the sunny North Carolina day we had for our wedding those 8 years ago.
 
We'll cap off the evening with dinner at a new restaurant not too far from here. I'll post about it if we give our approval!
 
And now . . . back to work so I can calm my mind and hopefully be less disjointed with my thoughts!  The sunlight pouring through picture window next to me really has me distracted today.

No comments: