Monday, September 15, 2008

Starting with a Thankful Heart Again!

With our latest bout of sunshine, I've spent a good deal of time away from the computer (that's as it should be, right?). While I had some interesting thoughts and reflections to share, alas, they shall forever remain trapped in my brain - at least until they're prompted out sometime in the future when I'm near the keyboard and I don't have children climbing on me!

So here we are back to Monday already. Whew!

Here's what I'm thankful for today:

1. Hours and hours and hours and hours of backyard and park play while the sun graces us with its energy and light (we're soaking it all in before the sun starts setting at 5PM!)

2. The return to our "normal" schedule with pre-school in full swing for Mr. Music and music class for Little Sister

3. A regular flow of orders for We Are Girls Who Love to Run with relatively little advertising (see this post to see how you can get YOUR own copy & have US send a copy to the school of your choice!)

4. The flexibility of my parents' schedules to help out seriously ill family members - and our close proximity that enables us to help out by watching their dogs/house/mail, etc. while they travel to be with family.

5. The magic of chapter books for young readers that have my son clamering for more and practicing his own phonics books so he can read them on his own one day in the not-so-distant future!

Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

E said...

I have noticed the sun rising later and setting earlier and for that I'm thankful because it means cooler temps for me!

Erin Leigh said...

Hope your family members will be OK.

I am thankful that Little Mans arm healed perfectly!!

J~Mom said...

My kids have all loved the Magic Tree House series! I actually don't mind reading them either. :>)