Monday, September 8, 2008

Starting with a Thankful Heart

I'm keeping it simple today, folks. I'm thankful for:
5. The smiles induced by a furry dog who decides to take a nap on a freshly-mopped floor (ie, still wet - the floor, not the dog)

4. Breathtaking pink and purple hued sunsets 5 nights in a row that make you forget the fog-filled mornings

3. Two kids to bed on time without complaints because they played hard all day (and didn't really nap).

2. The baby jogger/hill combo that provides a much needed mental and physical challenge and reminds me why I love running so

1. The calming of my mind when I came to the realization that I don't HAVE to run the Seattle Half Marathon this year - letting go of that goal for now will bring a balance back to my life that my family needs AND puts the fun back into running. I won't shelve it forever, just put it on hold until it can be a healthy part of my life balance instead of a stressful one. I bet my running frequency will even improve now. Funny how that works!

What are YOU thankful for today?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Thankful for my family today and every day.

Thankfrul for a fresh perspective this morning. :)

Marcy said...

Number 3 is DEFINITELY something to be thankful for LOL

Jess said...

I'm thankful that today's Tuesday and we're one day closer to the weekend (and more soccer games haha!)

E said...

I'm thankful for my family, friends, and for my jeans still being a little loose (I haven't stepped on the scale since I started training, so that's a big one for me!). Oh, and thankful again for my blogging friend with the yellow hat and her thankful posts, because they remind me to pause and think about what I'm thankful for too. :)

I'm going to agree with you and say that now running will be even more fun for you too.

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for my snuggling pug this morning, my husband agreeing to walk him, the promise of a fresh, cool day tomorrow and so many other things. 8^)

teacherwoman said...

Thankful for my parents and the wonderful path they have paved for me and my two sisters. I am reminded of that on a regular basis when working with some of my under-priviledged students.


Great Post!

Unknown said...

I'm thankful for:

the internet
Brandon
my job
my family

Not in that order. LOL. That would be really priorities.