Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday: Starting With a Thankful Heart (School, that is!)

Here we are in September. It hardly seems possible that we've made it so far into the year already. I feel like just yesterday we were celebrating holding the book in our hands for the first time - and that was WAY back in January, a full 8 months ago.

Last week was one of the most difficult ones I've had in quite a long while. I'm glad to put it behind me and move forward into many fresh starts:

- new week
- new month
- new school year

Bring it on! I couldn't be more ready.

Today ended up being a fairly nice weather day, though it started around 45 degrees when we woke up - brrrrrr! Once the sun decided to greet us, the temps warmed considerably and it seems everyone was out working in their yards. We completely filled our yard waste bin (and then some!). Starting September with a well-groomed lawn is a nice way to go, too.

So, here are my 5 things I'm thankful for today:

- fresh starts
- the talents and positive energy of educators (especially pre-school teachers!)
- the hope and optimism of small children
- the dishwasher is humming and the kitchen is clean
- neighbor friends for my children (even Mr. Music added this one into his prayers tonight - super sweet!)

Have a wonderful week, everyone. Best wishes if you start school this week like we do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your thankfuls.

you and I are so similar (if I may be so bold!) in that we work to find appreciation for the seemingly small things (hope & optimism of children) which are, in reality, enormous things.

happy fall!

MizFit

E said...

Like Mizfit, I love your thankfuls too. They often remind me to stop and think about what I am thankful for too. :)