Monday, September 29, 2008

Starting with a Thankful Heart (and tired body!)

I'm not sure how I made it from last Wednesday to today without posting. I guess I was eyeball deep in taking care of the kids, my parents' two dogs, picking up their mail, comforting a non-sleeping Little Sister, etc., etc. Oh, and we've had a marvelous bout of weather, so we've been busy in the yard, going to the park, and I've been painting Little Sister's bedroom (the yellow I mentioned a few weeks ago has finally made it out of the can and onto the walls!). Hmmmm . . . I guess I HAVE been busy!
Today I am thankful for:

1. the return of my parents from their 2 week road trip to help family in South Dakota

2. the much-needed hike this afternoon with a few other moms and their kids from Mr. Music's school (great for the kids AND moms)

3. that both kids fell asleep before we could even get their jammies on . . . they were OUT totally unprompted by 7:30, folks. UNHEARD of at our house!!!

4. the pan of lasagna from The Grit Restaurant cookbook I made today that not only fed 6 people for dinner, but will also take care of four lunches - yum, yum!

5. the anticipation for the Robert Plant & Alison Kraus concert we'll be attending on Wednesday night - I can't wait!!! Mr. Music's love of music came honestly.

If I can swing it (the house does need a bit of cleaning before we host a playgroup tomorrow afternoon) I'll be sneaking in a run with Little Sister in the jogger tomorrow morning. The hike was great today, but my body and mind are CRAVING a morning run. And tomorrow still promises to be a pretty day . . . though I can't say the same for the days that will follow. We need to take full advantage of the beauty of the sun while we can!

Happy running, happy reading, happy week!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Wow it certainly sounds like you've been busy!