Today I am thankful for:
1. the return of my parents from their 2 week road trip to help family in South Dakota
2. the much-needed hike this afternoon with a few other moms and their kids from Mr. Music's school (great for the kids AND moms)
3. that both kids fell asleep before we could even get their jammies on . . . they were OUT totally unprompted by 7:30, folks. UNHEARD of at our house!!!
4. the pan of lasagna from The Grit Restaurant cookbook I made today that not only fed 6 people for dinner, but will also take care of four lunches - yum, yum!
5. the anticipation for the Robert Plant & Alison Kraus concert we'll be attending on Wednesday night - I can't wait!!! Mr. Music's love of music came honestly.
If I can swing it (the house does need a bit of cleaning before we host a playgroup tomorrow afternoon) I'll be sneaking in a run with Little Sister in the jogger tomorrow morning. The hike was great today, but my body and mind are CRAVING a morning run. And tomorrow still promises to be a pretty day . . . though I can't say the same for the days that will follow. We need to take full advantage of the beauty of the sun while we can!
Happy running, happy reading, happy week!