Monday, September 22, 2008

Starting with a Thankful Heart: Monday is Looking Sunny

I find myself looking forward to Mondays so I can do my thankful post. My plan worked - Mondays now have a bit of sparkle to them, so they don't seem so bad! I think I'm actually posting more on Mondays now than any other day . . . though I should be working harder to get some Wednesday Lost in the Pages posts going (and there are a few good ones coming your way - including some review previews of BRAND NEW books that are being released this fall!!!).

So . . . after a dreadfully long week last week, I'm happy to kick off this work/school week with some sunshine (which is remarkably how our weather is today, too - sunny after a week of rain). Today I'm thankful for:

1. The combined powers of kind doctors/x-ray machines/mineral oil/Miralax/prune juice and one fabulous little pediatric suppository that got Little Sister back to her little self again (I told you it was a long week!!!!)
2. The restorative powers of Sunday football for a husband's psyche and spirit (even with the Steelers' loss, the time was well spent)
3. Neighbors that look out for one another
4. The rope swing that entertains our son for HOURS at a time on our Cedar in the back yard
5. The carpet cleaner that takes care of plenty of "oops" scenarios - ranging from dogs who eat what they shouldn't to little girls who rip off their diapers and then yell "Pee!" while showing you the dry diaper and the wet spot on the carpet.

Yes, we're still in the early stages of potty training, but I think the pace is picking up quickly - we've just put 2 and 2 together to create an amazingly bright lightbulb idea for why our daughter has been waking up multiple times every night for the past week or so: We THINK (and will check tonight) that she's feeling herself wet her diaper at night. In my mommy fog at 2AM and 4AM, I don't think to check, I just redirect her to her bed, cover her up and smile when she falls immediately back to sleep (hoping I can do the same for myself!). I'm hanging onto my yellow hat as best I can - potty training is an adventure that I'm looking forward to completing.

Have a wonderful week, everyone.

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Ahhh, the joys of potty training! :)

E said...

Holding on to the yellow hat. Love it!