Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Trials & Achievements - Scrambled Brain!

Yesterday I crossed more off my To Do list than I ever thought was possible. Today I'd love to keep the momentum from yesterday going, but for some reason I can't even figure out where to START. I guess that's half the battle for most things - the courage and drive to START a task. Once we make that initial first step, momentum &/or gravity take over and before we know it, we've FINISHED. I'm looking forward to finishing some things here before too long . . . if I can just get to that START line!

My pressing trials:
- finishing my daughter's quilt so I can clean up the sewing room
- developing a method for clearing the piles of junk out of our house (I'm hopeful that fewer junk piles to look at will also de-clutter my brain!)
- writing a few articles for guest blog posts and newspapers - I seem to have writer's block in the worst way
- developing a workout schedule and sticking with it. This girl needs to get out and RUN, no excuses (again, this will de-clutter my brain!)
- getting Mr. Music to get put together in the mornings so we can leave on-time (I'm reading the book Setting Limits with your Strong-Willed Child by Robert J. MacKenzie to help with this and many other scenarios we've been experiencing throughout Mr. Music's 4 years here on this planet - he IS a strong-willed little guy . . . and we love him . . . and we'd like him to enjoy a good long life . . . in harmony with those around him!!!)

My recent achievements:
- another good sized book order from our wholesaler
- I finished the book I'll review for you next
- I sent over 100 items to the consignment sale (will know within 30 days how successful it was - the wait is HARD!)
- making mini cupcakes with the kids after a rough day yesterday

Any recent trials or achievements you'd like to share?

Hope your week is going well! I'll probably add some links before the day is out, but the grocery store calls - we can't eat JUST mini cupcakes for dinner. :)

6 comments:

teacherwoman said...

I need to find a good workout schedule that will keep me motivated... I am doing well as of right now, doing the usual but I would like to up my mileage on the run and am having a hard time motivating myself... maybe I need to find a 10K or Half Marathon hehe.

Crabby McSlacker said...

You can't just eat mini cupcakes for dinner?

dang it. There are some nights when that would totally hit the spot!

JenP said...

Let me know if you find a good solution for the paper piles - I just seem to keep moving mine from room to room! There is another book out there on strong-willed children by Dr. James Dobson that is supposed to be pretty good, my parents had a copy of it when I was little (hmmmm) and it's still around in bookstores today.

P.O.M. said...

What I wouldn't give for a mini cupcake for breakfast right now! yummmmmm

J~Mom said...

The fly lady has great ideas for getting rid of our "hot spots"...areas that hold clutter. Once you recognize where your hot spots are she advises setting the timer for 10-15 minutes a day to declutter them. That way it's not overwhelming and every day you make a little progress. I love that advice and 10 minutes goes a long way!

Nicole Orriƫns said...

Hello,

I've just ordered your book 'We are girls who love to run'! Can't wait to read it.