Monday, March 10, 2008

Running . . . noses

So today I'm the full-time caretaker of 2 runny noses. My son climbed into our bed at 6:30 this morning (felt like 5:30 with the time change!) struggling to breathe through his clogged nose. Over the course of the following hour I helped him clear his nose about 4 times before we finally just got up and I had him take a steamy shower. It really helped, but I'm still keeping him home from pre-school today to keep things low key and give his body a chance to recover. He even agreed that it would be a good idea to stay home today and rest - and this kid LOVES going to school!
 
Little sister has been battling the runny nose for 2 days now. I initially thought it was teething related (tooth #9 came through last week, and I think #10 is about to surface!), but now that Big Brother has it, I'm fairly certain it is a cold. She slept for 12 hours straight (I'm a bit jealous, to be honest!) and is less cranky than yesterday, but still in need of a tissue-holding vigilant mama. She had her first taste of lemon tea this morning and seemed to like it - since it was warm, I'm sure it felt good on her little throat.
 
I'm drinking tea today, too, to help ward off any germs and keep my own nose and throat healthy!  I'm ready for winter to be over so this cold/flu stuff can be on its way!

1 comment:

J~Mom said...

Oh boy! Sometimes the winter can seem so long! I hope everyone is healthy soon!